Smart ideas for coloring your hair blonde make use of a variety of light as well as comparatively dark tones like butterscotch, honey, platinum, wheat, and so on.
The key to choosing the right color lies in the fact that it should match with your usual hair color and complement your skin and eye color.
Being lighter in shade, this tricky but terrific color oozes great charm to sizzle up your style during spring and summer season.
However, you will have to take good care of your tresses to keep the color fresh because it tends to fade faster, especially in sunlight.
Hair Color Ideas with Blonde
- Depending on your skin tone, decide if you want to go for a lighter of dark shade of blonde. For instance, those who have brown or tan skin color should avoid getting too much of this light color on their hair whereas, those who have pale skin with pink undertones should stay away from darker shades.
- Golden and platinum blonde are the most chic and trendy hair colors for this season.
- Opting for honey highlights is a superb idea for coloring natural blonde hair.
- Besides, fragile blonde hair can be given an illusion of thickness and dimension by getting darker lowlights on your hair.
If you want to play safe, better choose a color that is up to two shades darker than your current color. Another hair coloring tip; naturally blonde hair takes up brown color more easily as compared to red (which often turns pink).
- Though it is usually suggested to avoid golden blonde color if you have a warm skin tone with yellow undertones still, you may keep a medium to dark blond shade by selecting a tone that has a neutral golden hue.
- Sandy blonde color on hair, preferably with bangs, looks flattering on cool skin tones. Those with olive skin can add slight beige.
- If you want to jazz up your dull hair, consider sporting a nude tone on your hair.
- Those who have a layered hairstyle can go for a combination of highlights and lowlights by picking darker tones for layers present underneath and progressively going lighter for upper layers.
Creating a multi tonal effect is one of the best ideas for adding zing to blonde hair through the use of other colors.
- In case you have reddish or somewhat orange hair, choose your shade wisely, or else your lustrous locks may reflect brassy color.
Plus, keep in mind that changing your hair color drastically requires a good amount of maintenance and upkeep.
- The safest way to flaunt blonde color on a dark mane is to go for highlights. Moreover, all over blonde is not considered suitable for brunettes with shoulder-length, wavy hair. If you fall under this category, consider getting peek-a-boo caramel highlights.
- Opt for coffee blonde highlights in case you have dark hair and skin tone.
- Strawberry blonde, a fabulous hair color for 2011, is a great choice for those who have a pale complexion accompanied by peach or golden overtones.
- Those who have tan, olive or wheatish complexion can look for a suitable dark blonde color ranging from warm golden tones to cool darkish ash ones.
- Brunettes can incorporate blonde highlights to turn “bronde”.
Here’s a video giving quick tips on how to choose the perfect blonde color according to your skin tone.
When looking forward to getting your dark hair colored by using ideas for adding blonde blonde shades, it is suggested that you seek help from a professional. A stylist can carry out the procedure pretty well ensuring minimal damage.
Nevertheless, if you are used to the process of bleaching and coloring, you may not have much trouble in going blonde.